AFROTC has many benefits for cadets enrolled in the program.
- Scholarships can be worth up to full tuition and fees depending on the type awarded.
- Air Force ROTC textbooks and uniforms provided
- $300-$500 nontaxable monthly stipend during the academic year while on scholarship or in the POC
- Opportunity to delay entering active duty to pursue graduate degree
- Visits to Air Force bases
- Challenging job guaranteed after graduation
Upon graduation and successful
completion of Air Force ROTC, you will receive a commission
as a Second Lieutenant in the Air Force. You will
have a mandatory commitment of four years if a line
officer, six years if you are selected to be a Combat Systems Officer
or Air Battle Manager, and ten years if you are selected
to be a pilot. During your time in the Air Force,
you will receive all of the following benefits:
- Highly competitive salary and benefits
|Vacation:||30 days with pay each year|
|Medical Care:||Provided at no cost|
|Social Life:||Swimming pools, bowling, golfing, and tennis at reduced rates|
|Education:||Opportunity for higher education with tuition aid|
|Retirement:||Retirment pension based on grade at retirement and years of service|
|Advancement:||Promotions based on initial appointment, grade, and experience|
|Travel:||Free space available travel on military aircraft|
The best benefit? Lots of fun!